Common Entrance Examination for Design conducted by Indian Institute of Bombay for the admissions to Post graduation in Design and PhD programs. The questions for the CEED are created to exhibit the student’s analytical, logical and creative capabilities.
- The exam will be conducted in two parts- Part A and Part B.
- Candidates who are qualified for Part A will be selected for Part B
- The students who pass CEED can apply for the post-graduation design courses in IISC Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIITDM Jabalpur and PhD programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
- CEED scores do not guarantee admission.
- The examination centres of CEED are Lucknow, Bengaluru, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Ernakulam, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur Visakhapatnam Ahmedabad, Panaji, and Kolkata.
Highlights of Common Entrance Examination for Design
|Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
Eligibility of Common Entrance Examination for Design
- Candidates who qualify diploma/degree/Pot graduation course minimum of 3 years or who are appearing final year examination can apply for the examination.
- There is no age limit for applying the examination.
Exam pattern of Common Entrance Examination for Design
- CEED is conducted in 2 parts-Part A and Part B.
- The part A comprised of Numerical Answer Type, Multiple Select Questions and Multiple choice questions.
- Part B consists of questions that can evaluate the creativity, drawing, communication and identification skills of students.
- The total duration of the exam will be 3 hours where Part A have 2 hours and Part B have 1 hour.
- The total marks of Part A and Part B are 100.
- The medium of the examination is English.
- The whole exam is a computer-based online test.
- While considering the marking scheme, there will be negative marks for wrong answers in Part A.
- Since Part B consists of subjective questions, there will be no negative marks for Part B.
Syllabus of Common Entrance Examination for Design
|Part A||Visualization and spatial ability, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, and Observation and design sensitivity.|
|Part B||Drawing, Creativity, Communication skills and Problem identification skills,|
How to apply Common Entrance Examination for Design?
Candidates can submit the application online by visiting www.ceed.iitb.ac.in
- At first, the applicants have to register for the examination by entering a valid email id, mobile number.
- The candidates have to verify the email id by clicking the verification link sent to the given email id by the applicants.
- The password for login purpose will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Candidates can log in for filling the application form by using the registered email id and password.
- In the application form, candidates have to provide the name, date of birth, religion, gender, communication address, and academic details.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of Passport size photograph, signature, degree/diploma certificates, and the certificates that stands as the evidence of reservations in the prescribed format mention in the brochure.
- Fees are applicable for the CEED. The fees are not refundable.
- Candidates can make their payment online by using Debit/credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fee payment, applicants can take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
- Candidates are advised to check the website and emails for awareness about the updates regarding the examination.