Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level entrance test conducted for the admission for MBA programs. XAT is conducted by the Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of Xavier Associate Management Institute. The XAT scores are used by more than 150 institutions for the admission of eligible applicants. This is an online examination consist of 100 MCQs.
The questions will be related to Quantitative ability, Data interpretation, General Knowledge, Verbal and Logical Ability and Decision Making.
- 1 Highlights of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- 2 Eligibility Criteria of Xavier Aptitude Test
- 3 Syllabus of Xavier Aptitude Test
- 4 Examination Pattern of XAT
- 5 Instructions for Applying Xavier Aptitude Test
- 6 Related Books
Highlights of Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Eligibility Criteria of Xavier Aptitude Test
- Applicant should be a three year graduate or equivalent qualification from any recognised university.
- Candidates who are appearing the final year examination or awaiting the degree results have to submit their degree certificate and the mark sheet at the time of admission year.
- There is no upper age limit for applying XAT.
Syllabus of Xavier Aptitude Test
Questions for XAT will be generally from 4 areas. They are:
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
- Decision Making
- Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning and
- General Knowledge
Any changes in the syllabus will be notified by the respective authority in their official websites.
- Contextual usage
- Fill up the blanks
- Verbal reasoning
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Errors in language
- Current affairs
- General knowledge
- General Science
- Economic Study
- General Polity and History of India.
Analytical Reasoning/Decision Making
- Verbal analysis
- Thinking ability
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Directions and Distance
- Linear sitting arrangement
- Ranking test
- Cubes and cubical dice
Quantitative Ability/Data Interpretation
- H.C.F and L.C.M
- Boats and Streams
- Square Root
- Number systems
- Linear equations
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and compound interties
- Ratio and proportion
- Work and time
- Permutation and combination
- Quadratic equations
- Venn Diagram
- Geometry including co-ordinate Geometry
- Complex Number
- Set Theory
- Pure Math
Examination Pattern of XAT
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27|
|General Knowledge (No Negative marks.)||25|
- The total time required for the examination will be 3 hours.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- Negative marks will be deducted (1/4) for the wrong answers.
Instructions for Applying Xavier Aptitude Test
- Candidates can apply for the examination by www.xatonline.in and by clicking on Registration Tab, they can enter into the online application form of XAT.
- First candidates have to enter their name, Contact details, Date of Birth, Email id. After that, the applicants will receive XAT ID and password.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form with utmost care; no changes are possible because after submitting the details.
- Applicants are required to enter the father’s and mother’s name as entered in the certificates or mark sheets.
- Candidates have to upload their photos and signature as per the rules prescribed by the respective authority.
- They have to provide their educational qualifications and work experience in the required fields.
- After entering all these data, click on the Preview Tab to recheck the entered details and click on Final Submit Tab.
- Candidates can select the XLRI programs if you are preferred to study in XLRI.
- You can select and have two preferences for the examination centres.
- Fees are applicable for the Exam. It can be paid through online mode by using Debit card/Credit card /Internet Banking/Mobile wallets.
- After making successful fee payment, the candidates can download the e-receipt.
Candidates are advised to check the official website of XLRI for regular updates regarding XAT examination.