National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to BDS/M.B.B.S programs and other undergraduate medical courses offered by the recognised Dental or Medical or colleges or institutes in India.
- NEET is conducted once in a year.
- The application for NEET can be submitted online and the examination is in offline mode.
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- The language of the question booklet can be selected by the candidates.
- After applying, NTA will allow the candidates to make corrections of certain fields through correction window of NEET application.
Highlights of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Eligibility of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- Candidate should have 17 years at the time of admission and the upper age limit will be 25 years as at the time of examination.
- Indian citizens or Overseas Citizens of India can apply for NEET.
- Applicants should qualify 10+2 examination with an aggregate mark of 50% in Science subjects from any recognised institutions.
- Candidates can apply NEET for any times within the prescribed age limit.
Exam Pattern of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- This an offline examination
- Candidates can choose any of the below-mentioned languages for their question papers.
- The questions for NEET are prepared from Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- The number of questions and the marks for each paper are mentioned as follows.
|Subject||Number of questions||Duration|
|Chemistry||45||2:00 pm to 5:00pm|
|Biology (Botany an& Zoology)||90|
- Each correct answers will carry 4 marks and there will be a negative mark (-1) for wrong answers
Syllabus of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
|Physics||Physical World and MeasurementKinematicsThermodynamics Laws of Motion WorkEnergy and PowerBehaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory Electrostatics Current ElectricityElectronic Devices Atoms and Nuclei Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation OpticsElectromagnetic WavesElectromagnetic Induction and Alternating CurrentsMagnetic Effects of Current and MagnesiumMotion of System of Particles and Rigid BodyGravitationProperties of Bulk MatterOscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry||SolutionsElectrochemistryHaloalkanes and HaloarenesGeneral PrinciplesProcesses of Isolation of Elementsp, d, f – block elementscoordination compoundsSurface ChemistryStructure of AtomSome Basic Concepts of Chemistry Chemical Bonding and Molecular StructureStates of MatterClassification of Elements and Periodicity in PropertiesHydrocarbonsThermodynamicsHydrogen, s-block elementsp-block elementsOrganic Chemistry, EquilibriumRedox Reactions Environmental ChemistryAlcoholsSolid StatePhenolsEthersAldehydesKetonesChemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing NitrogenBiomoleculesPolymersChemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Human PhysiologyGenetics and EvolutionBiotechnology and Its ApplicationReproduction EnvironmentPlant Physiology, Cell Structure and FunctionEcology Structural Organization in Animals and PlantsBiology and Human Welfare|
Instructions for applying NEET
Before applying for NEET exam, candidates are advised to read the guidelines and information from the Information bulletin by visiting the following link.
- Applications can be submitted online.
- Candidates have to enter their name, date of birth, gender, religion & caste, Parent’s name, communication address, education qualification, a valid mobile number and Email id.
- Students have to create a password for the application. The password is necessary for future reference.
- Applicants are free to choose their exam centres as per their preferences (maximum 4 preferences).
- Candidates can also select the language of their question booklet.
- To apply NEET, candidates have to upload their scanned passport size photograph, Signature, Left thumb impression on white paper with blue ink, and 10th class certificates.
- Fees are applicable for NEET. Candidates can remit their application fees online by using Debit/Credit card/Net banking/UPI.
- The application Fees are different for each category. The details are as follows.
|General OBC –NCL&EWS||Rs.1400|
After filling the mandatory details and fee payment, candidates can take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference. The update regarding the NEET is informed in the official website and students are advised to visit the websites for regular updates like examination dates, admit card and result details.