Bachelor of Science in physics is 3 years undergraduate degree course. The course syllabus is divided into 6 semesters. The students who are interested in understanding the fundamental and mathematical concepts in physics can apply for the course. This subject matter of the course includes the study of energy, forces, motion, and behavior of the universe.
- This course helps the graduates to integrate their knowledge with Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, and electronics.
- Graduates have many job opportunities in both governments as well as in the non-government sector.
- The graduates in Physics have career opportunities in Acoustics, Astronomy, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Geophysics, Space explorations and Telecommunications.
- Engineering, Oil and gas, Indian Forest Service, Telecommunication, Teaching field and Aerospace are some of the major employment areas.
- 1 Course Details
- 2 Syllabus of the course
- 3 Career prospects of B.Sc. Physics
- 4 The major employment areas for graduates in Physics:
- 5 Job Types
- 6 Higher studies in B.Sc. Physics
Let’s go through the course details of the B.Sc. Physics.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate|
|Eligibility||Qualify 10+2 examination|
|Employment areas||Nuclear Physics, Electronics, Applied Electronics, Vacuum Sciences, and Astronomy|
Type of Course
B.Sc. Physics is an undergraduate course in Physics programme.
Duration of the Course
Bachelor of Science is 3 years course. The whole syllabus is divided into 6 semesters. The examination will conduct at the end of each semester.
In addition to the regular course B.Sc. Physics can also learn through distance mode. Many universities also provide distance education facilities in B.Sc. Physics with 6 ears of course duration.
Eligibility of the course
- The candidate should qualify the 10+2 examination with aggregate marks of 50% in science stream from a recognised institution.
- Some universities conduct entrance examination for the admission purpose.
Syllabus of the course
The syllabus of the B.Sc. Physics offered by various colleges and universities are as follows:
|1||Classical Mechanics and theory of relativity|
|2||Electricity Magnetism and Electromagnetic Theory|
|1||Properties of Matter and Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|1||Computer Programming and Thermodynamics|
|2||Wave and Optics I|
|2||Wave and Optics II|
|1||Quantum and Laser Physics|
|1||Solid-State and Nano Physics|
|2||Atomic and Molecular Spectroscopy|
Career prospects of B.Sc. Physics
The graduates in Bachelor of Science in Physics can find their career opportunities in both governments as well as non-governmental sectors.
The major employment areas for graduates in Physics:
- Astronomy Electronics
- Nuclear Physics
- Applied Electronics
- Laboratories and Institutes
- Aviation Industry
- Pyrotechnics Manufactures
- Research institutes
- Power Generating Companies
- Vacuum Sciences
- Construction Firms
- Demolition Squads
- Educational Institutes Agricultural Research services
- Atomic and Molecular physics
- Graduates can work as a Quality Control Manager for testing the standards reporting, laboratory analysis, and quality in petroleum lines.
- They can work as Radiologist to interpret the scan images, MRI etc.
- B. Sc. physics graduates can also work as Content Developer to write, analyse, Review and finalise the contents.
- Another opportunity is a Research Head where you have to supervise the research team and provide genuine data for analysing research areas.
- Graduates can work as a statistician for analysing and interpreting the statistical data and can also lead the statistical and analysts.
- Radiation Oncologist is an opportunity where they can conduct treatments for cancer.
They can also find their job opportunities in the following areas like
- Physics Lecturer
- Assistant Professor
- Physics Home Tutor
- Proof Reader
- Associate Auditor
Higher studies in B.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Applied Physics/M.Sc. (Hons.) Physics
- Master of Business Administration
- M.Phil Physics
If people are interested in the study of the universe, motion, energy, and research analysis can choose B.Sc. Physics as the basic course.