Bachelor of Science in Zoology is a 3 years undergraduate Zoology program. The whole syllabus is divided into 6 semesters. Zoology is a branch of biology that deals with the animal kingdom. The subject matter of B.Sc. Zoology is Evolution, structure, Classification, Embryology, and habits of all animals.
- B.Sc. Zoology includes both theory and practical sessions. Through this course, the students can acquire knowledge in the emerging fields like Biotechnology, Animal Biodiversity studies, Ecosystem monitoring, and Environmental Management.
- The person who chooses B.Sc. Zoology should possess the following skills like communication skills, analytical skills, ability to work independently and a team basis, skill to analyse and interpret data and present the reports with clear concepts.
- This course is beneficial for the graduates as there are numerous job opportunities available in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates in zoology have higher studies option is a variety of specialisations.
- The aspirants from this field can work for hospitals, Museums, Medical Laboratories, agricultural departments, Hatcheries, and Colleges & Universities.
- 1 Course details of Bachelor of Science in Zoology
- 2 Syllabus of the Course
- 3 Career Prospects of B.Sc. Zoology
Course details of Bachelor of Science in Zoology
|Type of Course||Undergraduate course|
|Eligibility||Qualify 10+2 examination|
|Employment Areas||Government Hospitals, Environmental Agencies, Museums, and Medical Laboratories|
Type of Course
Bachelor of Science in Zoology (B.Sc. Zoology) is an undergraduate course. In addition to the regular program, distance education is also providing for B.Sc. Zoology by some Universities.
Duration of the Course
The duration of B.Sc. Zoology is of 3 years and the whole syllabus is divided into 6 semesters.
Eligibility of B.Sc. Zoology
- Students should qualify 10+2 examinations with aggregate marks of 50% of marks in Science stream from any recognised institutions.
- Some institutions may conduct entrance examinations for the admission purpose.
Syllabus of the Course
Syllabus offered by various universities and Colleges are as follows.
|1||Life and Diversity from Protozoa to Porifera and Cell Biology I|
|2||Life and Diversity from Coelentrata to Helminthes and Cell Biology II|
|1||Life and Diversity from Annelida to Arthropoda and Genetics I|
|2||Life and Diversity from Molluaska to Hemichordata and Genetics II|
|1||Life and Diversity of Chordates I|
|2||Mammalian Physiology I|
|1||Life and Diversity of Chordates II|
|2||Mammalian Physiology II|
|2||Evolution and Developmental Biology|
|1||Aquaculture and Pest Management I|
|2||Aquaculture and Pest Management II|
Career Prospects of B.Sc. Zoology
Graduates in Zoology have numerous options for higher studies. The lists of higher studies are as follows.
- Master of Science in Zoology
- Master of Science in Applied Zoology
- Master of Science in Life Science
- Post-graduate Diploma in Life Science
- Post-graduate Diploma in Applied Zoology
- Master of Business Administration in Biotechnology
- Master of Business Administration in Pharma Management
- Master of Business Administration in Diary Management
- Master of Business Administration in Clinical Research
- Master of Business Administration in Hospital Administration
- M.Phil (zoology)
- P.hD. (Zoology)
Employment Areas and various job types for graduates in Zoology are as follows:
- Botany/Zoology Faculty Member
- Online Tutor
- Area Sales Manager
- Biomedical scientist
- Biomedical scientist
- Environmental Consultant
- Environmental manager
- Forensic Expert
- Field Trial Officer
- Zoo Curator
- Research Associate
- Nutrition Specialist
- Clinical Business Associate
- Animal Caretakers
- Medical Representative
- Animal rehabilitator
The aspirants, who seek the best opportunity for their career and have the interest to study about the animal kingdom, its evolution, and genetics, can choose B.Sc. Zoology as their stepping stones for their future.