Bachelor of Science in Statistics is a 3-year undergraduate course in statistics that deals with the study of probability, permutations, statistics, numerical analysis etc.
- The main subject matter that includes in the courses is Descriptive Statistics I, Probability Theory, Descriptive Statistics, Probability Distributions etc.
- It also includes the study of the organisation, collection and interpretation of data.
- The applicants should have patience and persistence, attention to detail, Problem-solving, documentation and programming skills.
- The students should have required mathematical aptitude and ability to reason logically and have a curious and disciplined mind.
- The course will train the graduates to use the logical ways to formulate theories and apply the same to solve the problems.
- B.Sc. Statistics have many career opportunities in various fields both in the public and private sectors.
- 1 Highlights of the Course
- 2 Syllabus of the Course
- 3 Career prospects of B.Sc. Statistics
- 4 Advanced courses for B.Sc. Statistics
- 5 Employment Areas
- 6 Job Types
- 7 Main recruiters for graduates in B.Sc. Statistics
Highlights of the Course
|Duration of the Course||3 years|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized educational board with Maths as one of the major subjects.|
|Employment Areas||Finance institutions, Educational institutes, R&D firms|
|Job roles||Actuary Manager, Research professional, Credit Risk Strategist, Analysis/Statistics Manager|
Type of the Course
B.Sc. Statistics is an undergraduate course in statistics.
Duration of the Course
The duration of B.Sc. Statistics is 3-years with six semesters.
Eligibility of the Course
- Candidates should pass the 10+2/ equivalent examination from any recognised institution.
- Students should pass the 12th examination with mathematics as their main subject.
- Some institutions also conduct entrance examinations and personal interview for the admission purpose.
Syllabus of the Course
|Semester I||Equations theories, Fundamental theorem of algebra and its consequences.|
|Semester II||Review of Differential Equations|
Review of integration and definite integrals
|Semester III||Random Variables|
Measures of location (or central tendency) and dispersion
Expectation of random variable and its properties
|Semester IV||Index Numbers|
Utility and Production Functions
|Semester V||Stratified random sampling|
Fundamental theorem of algebra and its consequences
Basic sampling methods
|Semester VI||Numerical integration|
General Linear models
Career prospects of B.Sc. Statistics
The graduates in Statistics have many career opportunities. The aspirants can either go for higher studies or can choose any job position for securing their life.
Advanced courses for B.Sc. Statistics
- M.Sc in Actuarial Science
- M.Sc in Library and Information Sciences
- M.Sc in Quantitative Economics
- Masters in Maths
- Masters in Statistics
- P.G Diploma in Statistical Methods with Applications
- Specialist Development Program in SQC
- JRF and SRF Rules
- Junior/Senior Research Fellowship
The students can go for higher education programs if they are interested in the statistics.
Graduates in Statistics have many employment opportunities in various fields.
- Colleges & Universities
- Stock Exchanges
- Baking Sector
- Transportation Sector
- Government Jobs (state/central)
- The graduates can work as a financial analyst they have to prepare, manage and to analyze accounting information.
- The aspirants can work as a Financial Accountant has to inspect whether the accounting and financial activities are carried in the right way.
- Analyst Broking will provide information to funding managers, stock market traders, stockbrokers etc.
- Another job type is Credit control Executive they will decide the creditor’s eligibility for the loan and also looks after the debts of existing customers.
- The role of Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, validating, presenting, and collecting the data in a more presentable way.
- The aspirants can work as a Lecturer or Professors after pursuing higher studies in Statistics.
The other job types
- Market Research Analyst
- Subject Matter Expert
- Assistant Professor
- Content Writer
- Statistics Trainer
- Human Resource Assistant Manager
- Research and Marketing Asst. Manager
Main recruiters for graduates in B.Sc. Statistics
- Federal bank
- Trading companies
- HDFC Bank
- R&D firms
- Insurance companies