B.E. or B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) is an undergraduate Agricultural Engineering course. Agricultural Engineering is the discipline that applies engineering science and technology to agricultural production and processing. It is the combination of animal biology, plant biology, mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering principles with knowledge of agricultural principles. This course opens several job opportunities for aspirants.
|Type of course||Degree (Bachelor)|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Average salary||INR 8 Lacs per annum|
|Higher study options||M.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)|
Ph.D. (Agricultural Engineering)
|Employment areas||Directorate of Oil Palm Research, Indian Council of Agricultural|
Research, United India Insurance Company Ltd., Dr. Balasaheb Sawant
Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, Natural Agricultural Innovative Project,
Cabinet Secretariat, Indian Institute of Technology, Food Corporation of
India, National Seeds Corporations, Indian Agricultural Research
Institute, National Dairy Development Board.
Type of Course:
B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering) is a 4-year undergraduate degree course.
The duration of course is 4-years and it may be offered by some certain institutes on
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics from recognized board.
- Admission is provided on the basis of entrance test conducted by the respective institutes.
- Selection to all Agricultural Engineering courses will be based on Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for the IIT’s and separate state level and national level exams for other institutions.
- UPTU-SEE – Uttar Pradesh-State Entrance Examination
- MP PET – Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- ICAR AIEEA – The Indian Council of Agricultural Research conducts an All India Entrance
- Examination. The applications are made available online in the month of January.
- OUAT CET – Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Common Entrance Test’s application forms are available in the month of April.EAMCET – Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test application forms are available in month of May.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Computer Programming
- Mechanical and Civil Engineering
- Information Technology
- Soil and Fluid Mechanics
- Farm Power and Renewable Energy Sources
- Heat And Mass Transfer And Refrigeration And Air Condition
- Crop Processing And Drying And Structure
- Electrical Machines And Power Utilisation
- Ground Water Wells And Pumps
- Watershed Hydrology
- Irrigation And Drainage Engineering
- Dairy And Food Engineering
- Agribusiness Management And Entrepreneurship Development
- Food Packaging Technology
- Design And Maintenance Of Greenhouse
- Micro Irrigation System Design
- Waves and Oscillations and Physical Optics
- Lasers and Fiber Optics and Holography
- Science of Corrosion
- Semiconductor Devices
- Partial Differential Equations
- Equilibrium of Rigid Bodies
- Thermodynamic Concepts & Internal Combustion Engine
Area Sales Manager, Manager Trainee, Associate Vice President for Development, Agricultural Engineer, Risk Manager, Knowledge Analyst, Senior Software Architect, Strategic Sourcing Manager Agricultural Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Manager, Agriculture Program Manager, Researcher/Fundamental Analyst, Primary Production Manager, Farming consultant & Agronomist, Sales Manager, Agriculture Portfolio Manager etc.