Cyber Security is the process or practice that defend the mobile phones, servers, computers and other technological devices from threats, hacking or other attacks. That is, it provides security to the digital world. Cyber Security is important for all the field of works like government, financial, defence/ military, medical organisations etc.
Each organisation has its sensitive data, the leakages of which can create negative impacts on the organisation itself or on to the country. Therefore, securing such data from external as well as internal is an important task. The person those who are interested in Digital terminologies and concepts can select Cyber Security as their career.
The students with knowledge background in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology can select Data Forensic as their career. They should possess the Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
There are many institutions and universities both in India and abroad has offered various educational programs with Cyber Security as the specialised subject.
Bachelor Program in Cyber Security
- The graduation program in Cyber Security deals with the fundamental concepts and operation in Cyberlaw and protection of data. B. Tech in Cybersecurity and B.Sc. in Cyber Security is the bachelor programs in this field of study.
- The students who have passed the 10+2 examination with an aggregate mark of 50% marks can apply for the courses.
- For B. Tech programs, duration of the course will be four-years with eight semesters.
- For B.Sc. programs it will be three-years with Six semesters.
Master Program in Cyber Security
- The postgraduate program in Cyber Security trains the students to understand the general dynamics involved in this field.
- It involves the ideologies, fundamentals of cyber laws. It also introduces the advanced tools and techniques for tracking crimes and methodologies for policy controls and securing the data.
- The postgraduate programs are 2-years program with four semesters.
- The students who have passed the graduation (B.SC or B.E.) with at least 50% of marks can apply for the course.
The common syllabus area that comes under the courses of cybersecurity is as follows.
- Information Systems and Software
- Mobile, Wireless, and VoIP Security
- C Programming and Data Structure
- Cryptography Lab
- Fundamentals of Information Security and Legal Framework
- Security Policy & Audit
- Information Security & Cryptography
- Introduction to Hardware, Network, the Internet
- Block Chain
- Cyber Forensics
- Security Architecture and Models
- Operating System, Database and Infrastructure Security
- Mobile & Digital Forensics Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Assessment Cloud Computing
- Computer LAB (MATLAB, Excel, Linux Server- Apache)
- Hardware Security Biometric Security Risk Management
- Cyber Threat and Modelling
- Malware Analysis
- Cyber Crimes & Investigation
- Cyber Law
- Operating System, Database, and Infrastructure Security
- Cyber Forensics Lab
- Grand Viva
- Network Security
- Application and System Security
The course sets their curriculum in a multiple discipline approach which helps the students to study the aspects like ethics, policy-related with IT security, management and the methodologies to deal with security of data.
The programs involve both theories and practical sections. Along with it, they include seminars, projects and discussions so that they practically deal with problem-solving techniques, familiarity with the software and also to develop their communication skills.
Career prospects of Cyber Security
There are numerous career opportunities for graduates or postgraduates in Cyber Security. The interested candidates can go for higher studies to research in this field of study.
The aspirants can find job opportunities in both the public and private sectors.
The main recruiting companies in the Cyber Security field are Cybersecurity Policy, Digital Forensics, Biometrics, and Computer System Security.
The main Job areas are as follows
- Cyber Legal Service
- Security Software Developer
- Ethical Hacking
- Security Code Auditor
- Forensic Expert
- Cryptographic Expert