B.E. or B.Tech. (Automobile Engineering) is an undergraduate Automobile Engineering course. Automobile Engineering is an important branch of vehicle engineering, incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering. It is applied to the design, manufacture and operation of motorcycles, automobiles, buses and trucks. Few disciplines which are important to the automobile engineering are safety engineering, Vehicle dynamics, NVH Engineering (related to noise and vibration), Performance, Shift Quality, Durability/Corrosion Engineering, Ergonomics Engineering, Climate Control, Drivability, Program timing and Assembly Feasibility.
|Type of course||Degree (Bachelor)|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent|
|Average salary||INR 6 Lacs per annum|
|Higher study options||M.Tech. (Automobile Engineering)|
Ph.D. (Automobile Engineering)
|Employment areas||Application Engineering, Colleges &|
Universities, Product Engineering,
Automobile Companies, Car
Type of Course:
B.Tech. (Automobile Engineering) is a 4-year undergraduate degree course.
The duration of course is 4-years.
- Candidate should have cleared their 10+2 with science i.e. physics, chemistry and mathematics securing minimum of 50% in aggregate.
- Candidate must have qualified JJE Main and JEE Advanced.
- Candidates must have good communication skills, computer skills, good analytical and problem solving capability.
- Candidate should have specific skills like organizing ability, logical thinking, practicality, patience, creativity, and ability to deal with people diplomatically, flexibility to understand and apply new technologies.
- JEE Main – NITs, IIITs, Most of the institutes accept JEE Main Score
- JEE Advanced – IITs
- BITSAT – Bits Pilani (all campuses)
- SRMJEE – SRM University (all campuses)
- COMEDK – All engineering colleges of Karnataka
- Environmental Science
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Manufacturing Technology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Numerical Methods
- Mechanics of Solids
- Thermal Engineering
- Computer Aided Design and Analysis
- Material Technology
- Fundamentals of Vibration and noise
- Theory of Automotive Engines
- Automotive Engine Systems
- Automotive Transmission
- Alternative Fuels and Energy Safety
- Economics and Principles of Management
Automotive Engineer, Software Engineer, Sr. Software Engineer, Software
Developer, Software Programmer, Mechanical Engineer, Systems Engineer – IT, Mechanical &
Automobile Engineer, Automobile Engineer, Assistant Manager, Design Engineer, Sr. Industrial