B.Sc. Psychology is a 3 years undergraduate Psychology course with 6 semesters. The core area of this course focuses on the Feelings, Motives, Motivation and the Nature of mind, Reactions, Conflict Resolution, and Mental process of human beings. Psychology graduates have various employment opportunities.
- Psychology graduates can work as Research Psychologist, Development Psychologist, Child-Care Worker, Day-Care Centre Supervisor, Neuropsychologist, Public Statistician, Forensic Psychologists, and Counselling Psychologist.
- The course integrates both practical and theoretical approaches and also includes a summer internship so that the candidates can familiarise with the course discipline and its application in real life.
|Eligibility||Qualifying 10+2 with an aggregate marks of 50%|
|Examination Type||Semester Examination|
|Employment Areas||Forensic Psychologists, Clinical psychologists, Educational Psychologists, Community Relation Officer and Social worker|
Bachelor of Science in Psychology (B.Sc. Psychology) is an under graduate course.
Duration of B.Sc. Psychology
The course duration is three years with 6 semesters and there will be project work at the end of the final year.
Eligibility Of The Applicant
- The candidate should qualify the 10+2 examinations with an aggregate mark of 50% from a recognised institution and should have reasonable problem-solving and mathematical skill.
- Some institutions or universities conduct entrance examinations and Group discussion sections in order to select skilled and knowledgeable students.
Syllabus of B.Sc. Psychology
Syllabus for the course prescribed by various Universities and Colleges are tabulated here.
|1||Introduction to Psychology|
|2||Attention and Perception Intelligence and Creativity|
|5||Stress and Well-Being|
|6||States of Consciousness|
|7||Intelligence and Creativity|
|4||Nature and Methods of Physiological Psychology|
|5||Nervous System: Structure and Function|
|1||Nature of Psychological Research|
|2||Problems and Variables|
|3||Experimental and Non-experimental Research|
|4||Steps in Psychological Research|
|7||The Normal Curve|
|9||Parametric and Non – Parametric Statistics|
|10||Observation , Interview Methods|
|11||Application of Measures of Central Tendencies and Variability|
|1||Life cycle Approach to Development|
|2||Social and Cultural Context in Human Development|
|3||Culture and Human Development|
|4||Emotional and Social Development|
|5||Problem of Ageing|
|6||Problems and Issues of Human Development in the Indian Context|
|8||Development Concerns during Adolescence, early youth and adulthood|
|1||Social perception and Cognition|
|2||Group and Leadership|
|5||Self in Psychoanalysis|
|6||Theoretical and methodological issues in Self and personality|
|7||Prejudice and Discrimination|
|9||Gena Theory of personality|
|11||Empirical theories in Personality|
|1||Ecology and Development|
|2||Environment and Behaviour|
|6||Diversity and Multiculturalism|
|7||Parameters of Assessment, Psychological Scaling, Methods of Scaling|
|8||Nature and Scope of Human Assessment|
|9||Social Support and Community Psychology|
|10||Community Participation and Social Change|
|11||Principles of Psychological Test Construction|
|12||Psychological Approaches to Environment|
|13||Social Ecology and Community Psychology|
|14||Assessment of Psychological Behaviour|
|16||Types of Psychological Tests|
Employment Areas of B.Sc. Psychology
The graduates can find employment opportunities in the areas mentioned below;
- Welfare Organisations
- Community Mental Health Centres
- Research Labs
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Child and Youth Guideline Centres
- Correctional programmes
- Welfare Organisations
- Educational Sectors
- Graduates in psychology have great opportunities in their career.
- This course can serves as the basis for higher studies such as M.Sc. Psychology, M.Phil and Ph.D after which they can work in the education sector as Lectures and Professors.
- The students who wish to choose B.Sc. Psychology should have good communication skills, ability and the tolerance to work in any kind of social and cultural environment.