Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is an undergraduate program. This is a 3 years course with 6 semesters. The person who has an interest in numbers, quantity, space, and volume can choose B.Sc. Mathematics. This course deals with geometry, calculus, and trigonometry.
- People who are interested in concluding, interpreting data, and finding patterns can choose B.Sc. Mathematics.
- This course is suitable for those who can make a mathematical conclusion with advanced numerical skills and accuracy.
- The person who chooses the Bachelor of Science in Mathematics should have patience and concentration to spend long hours on complex problems
- For interpreting and present their ideas, students must possess good communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics has various career opportunities.
- They can find their career in Medical Research, Commodity Forecasting, Financial Analysis, and Weather.
- 1 Course Details of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- 2 Syllabus of B.Sc. Mathematics
- 3 Career Prospects for Graduates in B.Sc. Mathematics
- 4 Job Types for Graduates in Mathematics
- 5 Related Courses of B.Sc. Mathematics are:
Course Details of Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Let’s go through the course details of B.Sc. Mathematics.
|Type of course||Undergraduate course|
|Eligibility||Qualify 10+2 examination|
|Employment areas||Statistical and accountancy jobs, Numerical Analyst, Mathematician , Banking Sector, and Colleges & Universities|
|Similar options||B.Sc. Applied MathematicsB.Sc. (Hon). Mathematics|
|Job Types||Statistician, Mathematician, Demographer, Teacher & Tutor, Researcher & Accountant, and Computer Programmer|
Type of course
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is an undergraduate program in Mathematics.
Duration of the Course
- B.Sc. Mathematics is of 3 years course and the whole syllabus is divided into 6 semesters.
Eligibility of the Course
- Students should qualify the 10+2 examinations in Science or Commerce stream from any recognised institutions.
- Some institutions may conduct entrance examinations for the admission purpose.
Syllabus of B.Sc. Mathematics
Syllabus offered by various universities and colleges are mentioned below:
|2||Differential Calculus & Vector Calculus|
|3||Integral Calculus & Trigonometry|
|4||Vector Analysis & Geometry|
Career Prospects for Graduates in B.Sc. Mathematics
Graduates from Mathematics can hold various job roles both in the public and private sector.
The major Employment Areas are as follows:
- Banking sector
- Insurance Sector
- Risk Management and Stock Exchanges
- Colleges & Universities
- Scientific Institutes and Research Labs
- Coaching Centres
Job Types for Graduates in Mathematics
- IAS, IPS & PCS Officers
- Computer Programmer
- Loan Officer
- Teacher & Tutor
- Researcher & Accountant
- Treasury Management Specialist
Related Courses of B.Sc. Mathematics are:
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Mathematics
Higher Education courses in Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in (Hons.) (Mathematics)
- M.Phil. (Mathematics)
- PhD (Mathematics)