B.E. or B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering) is an undergraduate Aerospace Engineering course. Aerospace Engineering is an important branch of engineering which includes design, construction and science of aircraft and spacecraft. It is divided into two sub branches i.e.
aeronautical engineering and astronautically engineering. Aeronautical engineering relates with craft that stay within Earth’s atmosphere and astronautically engineering relates with craft that operates outside of Earth’s atmosphere. Aerospace engineering also deals with aerodynamics characteristics and behavior, air foil, control surfaces, lift, drag and other properties. This course is extremely career originating in space field.
|Type of course||Degree (Bachelors)|
|Duration||4 years (5 years in case of dual degree)|
|Eligibility||10 + 2 or equivalent|
|Average salary||INR 3 Lacs to 12 Lacs (Starting salary)|
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Higher study options||M.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering)|
Ph.D. (Aeronautical Engineering
|Employment areas||Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering,|
Aeronautical Engineering, College &
Universities, Aircraft Design Companies, Wind
Turbine Blade Design Companies
Type of Course:
B.Tech. (Aeronautical Engineering) is a 4-year undergraduate degree course.
The duration of course is 4-years.
- Candidate should pass higher secondary exam with physics, chemistry and mathematics and must have obtained an impressive aggregate.
- Candidate is required to clear JEE conducted by IIT’s in January and May every year.
- Candidate must have good eye sight, acute observation power, much capable to handle critical situations and good communication skills.
- JEE Main – Joint Entrance Exam conducted by NTA twice a year.
- BITSAT – Birla Institute conducts Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test.
- VITEEE – Vellore Institute conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination once a year.
- WBJEE – West Bengal Education Board conducts West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for admission into engineering colleges in West Bengal.
- MAH CET – Maharashtra State conducts Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for admission in engineering colleges in the state.
- AP EAMCET – Andhra Pradesh conducts Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test every year.
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Graphics
- Engineering Chemistry
- Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Electrical Technology
- Aircraft Structure
- Environmental Science
- Heat Transfer
- Numerical Methods
- Flight Dynamics
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Reliability Engineering
Aeronautical Engineer, Pilot, Software Engineer, Aircraft Engineer, Chief Mechanical Design Engineer, Chief Technology Officer, Strategy Consultant, Incident Manager, Lecturer/Professor, Analysis Engineer, Instructor/Assistant Instructor, Design Engineer, Corporate Trainer cum Design Engineer, System Safety Management Engineer, Aerospace Chief Engineer, Lecturer & Professor etc.