It’s the biggest question “what’s next after tenth?”. The 10th class and its scorecard are considered as the biggest turning point of a man’s career. Once the Students got promoted to the 10th class, they have to face a pressured and tensed life. This will be same to all children and their family.The students will get confused about whether to go for higher studies or to look for a job.
Majority of the young talents make mistakes while selecting their choices due to many influential factors like:
Parental or Societal pressure.
If students are interested to join any particular streams, the parents from their life experience prohibit to make their own choices. For example, if the student has decided to apply for the Arts stream, the unfamiliarity and traditional downtrodden look towards this stream and subjects will make the parents and society to pressurize the pupil to displace their selection.
Influence from the friends or peer groups
Some students make a mistake in selecting the course or career options by following the selection of their friend even if it doesn’t suit their dreams or interests.
Lack of knowledge about career opportunities
Some students are not familiar with the various career or educational opportunities that surround us. They will follow or select the options that are commonly chosen by other students or seniors.
Commonly students will go for Higher secondary (plus two)/Vocational education. In addition to these courses, there are various courses for candidates after completing their 10th class.
Some of the Courses are as follows:
After the successful completion of the 10th class, the students can go for diploma courses in engineering programs like:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Some students can choose courses in Arts stream.
- Diploma in Fine Arts
- Certificate course in Spoken English
- Certificate course in Functional English
- Certificate course in Hindi
There are vocational courses like
- Certificate in Diesel Mechanics
- Craftsmanship Course in Food Production
Those who are interested in the Dental field can do Diploma courses in Dental like
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Dental Mechanics
Another interesting area is the Animation.
The Candidates who are interested in creating gaming characters and can develop ideas and designs can go for Certificate Course in Animation.
Along with these program choices, the students can go for Plus Two programs where the students have three branches to select based on the skills, interests and ambitions of the students.
The three branches are
- Science is the most popular career option for the students who wish to build their career in Engineering, Medical and IT field. The students can change their option from Science to Commerce or from Science to Arts. But the students from Commerce and Arts stream cannot shift to a Science stream.
- The students who are interested in Science subjects can select the Science stream.
- If Students are not interested in Mathematics can select physics, chemistry or Biology as their core areas in the Science stream.
- The students who have an interest in finance and economics can select the Commerce stream for the Plus Two periods.
- By choosing this stream, the candidates will be familiar with the subject areas like Accountancy, Economics, Finance, Business Economics etc.
- The person who wants to build their career as a Chartered Accountant, Businessman, Bank employee etc. can select the Commerce stream.
- The students who want to build their career in journalism, Designs, performing and Language arts can choose the Arts/Humanities stream.
- By selecting this stream, the students will be familiar with the subjects like History, Economics, Political Sciences, Sociology, Gandhian Thoughts etc.
There are multiple career opportunities for those who pursue any of the above -mentioned streams. Students have to check the possibilities of each area to make the right choice and decision at the right time.