Master of Science in Statistics is a 2-year postgraduate program in statistics. M.Sc. Statistics is a higher education program in Statistics. Here the main focus of areas collection, analysis, organisation and interpretation of data. The program can be joined in both the full-time and part-time basis. The curriculum of M.Sc. Statistics divided into four semesters.
- The candidates should be able to follow the complex mathematical and statistical arguments.
- The graduates should be able to find, analyse and extract data.
- Students should have a background in Mathematics, algebra, multivariable calculus, information about sampling techniques and experiments.
- After completing the postgraduation program, the interested students can go for higher education programs such as M.Phil, PhD in statistics.
Highlights of the Course
|Examination Type||Semester system|
|Eligibility||Graduate from a recognized university|
|Job Types||Analytics Consultant, Biostatistician, Senior Business Analyst, SAS Programmer, Statistical Analyst, Analytics Manager|
Employment Areas: Manufacturing SectorPharmaceutical CompaniesEducational InstitutesScientific Research Organisations
Type of the Course
Master of Science in Statistics is a postgraduate program in statistics
Duration of the Course
The timespan of M.Sc. Statistics is a 2-year program with four semesters.
Eligibility of the Course
- The students should be a graduate in B.Sc. Mathematics/B.Sc. Statistics/B.Sc. Mathematics and Computer application.
- The candidates should secure at least 60% of marks in their undergraduate program
- The graduation should receive from any recognised university or Colleges.
- Some universities conduct entrance examination and personal interviews for the admission purpose.
Syllabus of the Course
The subject matter of M.Sc. Statistics has mentioned on a semester wise basis.
|Semesters I||Distribution TheoryAncillary MathematicsMeasure Theory and ProbabilityComputer Programming (Practical)Matrix Algebra and Numerical Analysis (Practical)Distribution Theory (Practical)|
|Semester II||Inference I (Practical)Linear Models and Regression AnalysisSample Surveys (Practical)Inference ILinear Models and Regression Analysis (Practical)Sample Surveys|
|Semester III||Time Series AnalysisInference IIDesign of Experiments (Practical)Design of ExperimentsInference II (Practical)Time Series Analysis (Practical)|
|Semester IV||Multivariate AnalysisEnvironmental StatisticsEconometrics and Economic Statistics|
Career Prospects of M.Sc. Statistics
The postgraduates in statistics have great career opportunities in the economy. The students can go for higher education programs if they are interested to gain an in-depth knowledge of statistics.
- M.A. Statistics
- M.A. Statistics (Actuarial)
- M.Com Statistics
The postgraduates in Statistics can also go for career opportunities. They can find job opportunities in various fields.
- Manufacturing Sector
- Insurance Companies
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Market Research Companies
- Educational Institutes
- Research Centres
- Scientific Research Organisations
- Public Sector Research Organisations
- Banking Sector
- The postgraduates can work as Lecturers or Professors to impart the knowledge in the subject matter of Statistics.
- Investment Analyst is another job title for providing information and advice from the global investment data to stock market traders, Fund managers and stockbrokers.
- The aspirants can work as a Cost Estimator who has to specialise in a particular industry or product for collecting and analysing the data for estimating the money, material, and labour which are required to manufacture a product.
- The role of Service Estimator has to collect the specifications, blueprints, identifying labour, timer requirements and materials.
- Subject Matter Expert in Statistics can work for project activities in the field of study.
- Statistical Investigator Grade I have to work on a variety of projects where they have to collect surveys and administrative data.
- Aspirants can also work as an Online Tutor who has to make lessons, take notes related to the subject matter of statistics.
- Research department
- Educational institutions
- Online Teaching institutes
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- General Electric Co (GE)
- Cerner Corporation