M.Sc. MLT is a 2-years postgraduation program in lab technology. This program deals with the study of theoretical knowledge about medical laboratory sciences, methods to detect the harmful micro-organisms and its functions, breakage or health concerns of hum body and the methods to diagnose the problems. The entire curriculum of MLT is separated into four semesters. M.Sc. MLT comprises of both the theoretical and practical sections. The students may also get opportunities for the internship program. The subject matter of this course includes genetics, immunology, microbial morphology, haematology and laboratory methods and techniques etc. Students can specialise in the following subjects.
- forensic science
Candidates who want to pursue M.Sc. MLT should possess the skills like problem-solving skill, sharp analysis, the attentive learner with an active mind, and the ability to think critically.
Highlights of M.Sc. MLT
|Type of Course||Master degree|
|Eligibility||Graduation in Science/Medical lab Technology subjects|
|Employment Areas||Commercial Clinical LaboratoriesHospitalsNursing HomesPharmaceutical Laboratories|
|Job types||Drug Safety AssociateLab AssistantLab Technician TraineeLab Technician/Medical TechnicianMedical Lab In-charge|
Type of Course
M.Sc. MLT is a postgraduate program in Medical lab technologies
Duration of the Course
M.Sc. MLT is a 2-year program with four Semesters.
Eligibility of the Course
- The students who qualify their graduation in Science/Medical Lab Technologies with an aggregate mark of 50% from any recognised university or college can apply for this program.
- Students get their admission based on the Common Entrance Test.
- Some institutions or universities may conduct their entrance exams for the admission purpose.
- In Common Entrance Test the questions from Bioscience, Life Science, Medical Lab Technologies, Health Sciences, and Applied Medical Science are included.
Syllabus of the Course
The syllabus of M.Sc. MLT is separated into four semesters. The subject that generally comes under each semester has mentioned below.
|Semester I||Human Anatomy and PhysiologyFundamentals of Medical laboratory technologyMolecular BiologyMolecular Biology LabHaematologyHaematology LabBasic CytologyGeneral MicrobiologyClinical BiochemistryClinical Biochemistry lab|
|Semester II||Research LabBlood Bank labMedical MicrobiologySerologyBiomedical techniquesResearch MethodologyMicrobiologyCommunity Medicine EpidemiologyImmunology|
|Semester III||Hospital Management Human DisorderToxicologyStool Examination LabSputum analysis LabModern Medical PracticesUrine AnalysisForensic Science|
|Semester IV||Basic Pathology and Virology Separation Techniques and Pharmaceutical ChemistryModern DiagnosticDiagnostic BiochemistryHistopathologyPharmaceutical ChemistryResearch ProjectElective-4Pathology and Virology Lab|
Career Prospects of M.Sc. MLT
Through this M.Sc. program, the students will aware of the several diagnostic procedures, able to analyse and identify the micro-organisms, handle the laboratory procedures and equipment can find immense opportunities in various field. Candidates can either go for the higher education programs like MPhil and PhD programs can choose a job role for their future. The higher education will help the students to choose their job role as a lecturer and professor who can teach the discipline for the coming aspirants.
Similar education programs
- M.E. (Medical Electronics)
- M.E. (Medical Technology)
- M.Sc. (Medical Imaging Technology)
- M.Sc. (Medical Technology)
- Pharmaceutical Laboratories
- Nursing Homes
- Public Health Facilities
- Commercial Clinical Laboratories
- Colleges & Universities
- Apollo Hospital
- Narayana Hrudyalaya limited
- Medanta Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Metropolis healthcare limited
- Skylab clinical laboratory
- DNA labs,
- Max Hospital
- Columbia Asia Hospital Private Limited
- Holy Family Hospital
- Synergy Hospital
- HLL Lifecare Limited
- Analytical Chemistry Associate/Scientist
- Blood Bank Technician
- Blood Transfusion Assistant
- Lab supervisor
- Drug Safety Associate
- Senior Biochemist
- Lab Assistant
- Lab Technician Trainee
- Production Technician
- Lab Technician/Medical Technician
- Medical Lab In-charge
- Lab manager
- Medical Officer
- Medical Technologist
- Research & Development Manager (Laboratory)
- Technical Officer