Diploma in Yoga is a one-year diploma course in yoga that deals with the study of every aspect of the yoga practices. The curriculum involves theoretical and practical sessions and also provides training to the aspirants in this field of study.
Through this course, the people will be able to have a life free from ailments.
After completing the Diploma in Yoga the aspirants can find their career as a Yoga therapist, Yoga Researcher, Yoga Teacher, and Yoga Consultant.
Highlights of the course
|Eligibility||Qualifying 10+2 examination in any relevant stream|
|Employment Areas||Yoga and Naturopathy colleges or institutionsCentre Research CentersResortsManagementConsultationHospitalsGymFitness CentresHealth clubs|
|Job Types||Yoga TherapistYoga AdvisorYoga ResearcherYoga Consultant|
Type of the Course
Diploma in Yoga is a diploma program in yoga that studies the mental, physical and spiritual aspects of yoga.
Duration of the Course
The duration of the course is a one-year full-time course.
Eligibility of the Course
- The students should qualify the 10+2 examinations in any stream and any recognised institutions.
- The students should secure minimum marks of 50% in the 10+2 examination.
- The candidates should be medically fit and have to submit the medical certificate as proof of the same.
- Some institutions may conduct the medical examination to confirm the medical fitness so that they can do yoga practices and asanas.
Syllabus of the Course
|Teaching Practice||Yoga for ChildrenHow to teach the 12 basic postures and breathing exercisesYoga for Pregnancy Setting up a proper environment for classBeginners’ CourseRelaxationAdvanced PosturesYoga for Older Citizens|
|Pranayama||The three bandhas: Jalandhara, Moola, UddiyanaAnuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breathing)Balancing the two hemispheres of the brainRelaxing the nervous systemPurifying the nadis (subtle energy channels)Expanding the capacity of lungsAwakening the inner spiritual energyUjjayi, Surya Bheda, Bhastrika, Sitali, Sitkari, BhramariSamanu (mental cleansing of the nadis) Kapalabhati (lung cleansing exercise)|
|Karma and Reincarnation||Destiny and self-effort The law of compensationThe law of action and reactionThe law of retribution|
|Asanas||Postural alignmentSun salutationAsana variations, from intermediate to advanced level Deep relaxation with autosuggestionBasic yoga posturesRelease of blocked energy|
|Yoga Anatomy and Physiology||Introduction to the major body systemsDiet and nutrition Yoga and physical cultureThe eight systems of the bodyThe effects of asanas and pranayama on the cardiovascular system, respiration, digestion, skeletal and muscular systems, endocrine system|
Career prospects of Diploma in Yoga
The graduates in diploma in Yoga can go for advanced studies in bachelors or Masters courses for gaining in-depth knowledge in yoga. Students can go for any of the following courses.
- Diploma in yoga teacher training
- Bachelor of Arts in Yoga
- Bachelor of Science in Yoga
- B.Ed. in Yoga
- Master of Arts in Yoga
- Master of Science in Yoga
- PhD (Yoga)
The graduates can find their career in the yoga field after the completion of the diploma program. They can find job opportunities in the following areas:
- Government Agencies
- Health clubs
- Wellness centres
- Religious Institutes
- Community and recreation centres
- Private Yoga classes
- Centre Research Centres
- The graduates can work as a Yoga Therapist deals with the treatment of patients who are suffering from physical ailments and emotional issues.
- Yoga Consultant guides the people who are interested to set up their yoga studios. The yoga consultant will set the yogic designs, location for the studio, Sales process and so on.
- Yoga Specialist is trainers who specialise in a particular field like the specialisation of yoga for pregnant ladies, for senior citizens and so on.
- Yoga Instructor teaches various simple and complex yoga position for all type of people including patients, pregnant ladies, children, old aged people etc.
The other job types are:
- Yoga Researcher
- Yoga Advisor
- Yoga Aerobics Instructor